The Classics Department is privileged to award several prizes each year to students who have done distinguished work in Classics. These prizes are announced at the Commencement Ivy Exercises:
- David Taggart Clark Prize in Latin (first-year or sophomore)
- Benedict Prize in Greek, First and Second Prizes
- Benedict Prize in Latin, First and Second Prizes
- Rice Prize in Greek (junior or senior)
- Rice Prize in Latin (junior or senior)
The Charles Bridgen Lansing Fellowship in Latin and Greek is awarded annually by the Classics Department to one or more students or alumni/ae to support graduate work in Classics or closely related fields, or to support undergraduate study during the summer either in the US or abroad. Students must make formal application for a Lansing Fellowship to the Classics Department chair, no later than March 15; please consult the chair.